Cashmere is classified as a non-charter code city with a Mayor-Council form of government pursuant to RCW 35A.12. The city council is the decision-making entity for the City. Council approves all expenditures, payroll, budget, ordinances, policies, etc., for the City. Five council members are elected for 4-year terms. City Council meets every 2nd and 4th Monday of the month at 6:00 PM in the City Hall council chambers. Council meetings are open to the public.
Voter registration applications, transfers, and name changes, can be picked up at City Hall. For information about your current registration call the Chelan County Auditor's office, 667-6800. A ballot box is available for ballot drop-off at the southwest corner outside City Hall.
Miscellaneous City Regulations
For the health and safety of the citizens of Cashmere, the following regulations apply:
- Outdoor burning is not allowed within the City limits. (CMC 8.08.050)
- The discharge of firearms is prohibited within the City limits. (CMC 9.90)
- Snow removal from sidewalks is the responsibility of the adjacent landowner within 24 hours after snowfall. It is unlawful to deposit snow in City streets or alleys. (CMC 12.12)
- Parking is prohibited on the streets or alleys of Cashmere between the hours of 4:00 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. during the months of November through March, subject to towing and fine. This is to allow for snow removal. (CMC 10.88)
- Overnight parking in City parking lots is prohibited at all times, with the exception of a designated area in the City parking lot on Aplets Way and the library parking lot for residents with no off-street parking. No vehicle may be parked on any street, alley or right of way for more than 48 hours. Trailers may not be parked overnight on any City street. (CMC 10.84.040)
- Parking vehicles for sale is prohibited in City parking lots. (CMC 10.76.100)